Hey there! I’ve been thinking about ways to incorporate more veggies into my diet lately, and I’ve come up with some great ideas. Here are my top 5 ways to boost your veggie intake:
1. Start your day with a veggie-packed breakfast. Add some spinach, mushrooms, or peppers to your omelet or scramble, or whip up a green smoothie with kale or spinach.
2. Swap out your usual snacks for veggies. Keep a container of cut-up veggies in the fridge for easy snacking throughout the day. Carrots, celery, bell peppers, and cucumber are all great options.
3. Get creative with salads. Don’t just stick to boring lettuce and tomato salads. Add in some roasted veggies, nuts, seeds, or fruit to make your salads more exciting.
4. Sneak veggies into your meals. Add grated zucchini or carrots to your spaghetti sauce, or puree some cauliflower into your mashed potatoes.
5. Make veggies the star of your meals. Try making a stir-fry with lots of veggies and a protein source like tofu or chicken, or make a big pot of vegetable soup for a hearty and healthy meal.
I hope these tips help you as much as they’ve helped me! Let’s get those veggies in.